Make Your Own Spooky Cat Treats at Home This Halloween
Spooky season means no shortage of delicious treats for yourself. Whether it’s starting your morning with a beloved pumpkin spice latte, baking a scrumptious apple dessert or savoring leftover Halloween candy, food is a big part of enjoying the Halloween season.If you’ve noticed your cat staring daggers at you as you bake or unwrap another candy bar, then you know how jealous cats can get when they’re not in on the fun. It’s only natural that your cat should be able to enjoy this aspect of Halloween too.The best way to make the most of this holiday with your cat is to create some delicious Halloween cat treats for them to enjoy. Making homemade cat treats allows you to choose ingredients that promote cat health and put your own creative twist on your Halloween cat treats.For healthy treats that are sure to impress even the toughest cat critics, homemade cat treats are a great choice! Browse through our roundup of the best spooky cat treat recipes to surprise your cat with this Halloween.
Simple Halloween Cat Treat Recipes
Making homemade Halloween cat treats for your pet doesn’t have to be a hassle. If you don’t want to spend hours baking or use dozens of ingredients to end up with just one batch of homemade cat treats, these simple recipes are what you’ve been looking for.
- Pumpkin Smoothie— Your cat might not be able to carve their own jack o’lantern for Halloween or have a sip of your daily PSL, but that doesn’t mean they can’t enjoy pumpkin at all. Forthis recipe, all you need is ½ cup each of pureed pumpkin and plain, fat-free yogurt. Blend them together and serve these pumpkin smoothies to your pet cold or frozen.
- Salmon Treats— This 3 ingredient homemadecat treat recipeis easy to put together. Mix together a can of salmon, an egg and some whole wheat flour. Then roll out the dough, cut into shapes and bake. To make these into Halloween cat treats, use Halloween-themed cookie cutters to shape your creations.
- Frozen Broth— This is probably the simplest homemade cat treat recipe you’ll come across. All you need to do is take some cat-friendly chicken broth, pour it into the ice cube mold of your choice and pop it into the freezer until frozen. Avoid human chicken broth, which has way too much sodium for your pet. To put a fun Halloween cat treat twist on this recipe, choose spooky ice cube molds. Think pumpkins, ghosts or skulls.
Unique Halloween Cat Treat Recipes
If you’re up for more of a homemade cat treat challenge or are itching to put a unique twist on your Halloween cat treats this year, there are dozens of creative recipes out there for you to try. We’ve rounded up a few great unique Halloween cat treat recipes that are sure to become an annual tradition:
- Carrot Catnip— If your fur baby is a catnip fiend, Halloween is the perfect time to spoil them by making a batch of thesecarrot catniphomemade cat treats. The recipe uses simple ingredients like olive oil, water, flour, egg and a dash of catnip for a little extra zing. The orange color of the finished product definitely qualifies these as Halloween cat treats.
- Cranberry Chicken— Cranberries are a rockstar fall ingredient packed with antioxidants and healthy vitamins. If you want to share the autumn spirit with your cat this Halloween, make thesecranberry chickenhomemade cat treats. Oats, dried cranberries, eggs, olive oil and a little catnip come together to make the perfect Halloween cat treats to surprise your furry friend with this year.
- Spooky Cake Pops— For a truly scary Halloween cat treat recipe, check out this one forspooky cake pops. Oats, carrot, olive oil and egg combine to form cake balls, and blueberry halves are placed on top to turn these cake pops into spooky eyeballs. These homemade cat treats are definitely fit for a feline-friendly Halloween getogether.
- Cheesy Treats— Pumpkin and carrot aren’t the only orange items you can incorporate into delicious Halloween cat treats this holiday season. Cheese is another tasty option.Thesehomemade cat treats are made with cheddar cheese, Parmesan and yogurt for a rich snack that’s sure to get you on your cat’s good side.
Natural Halloween Cat Treats
Whether baking or cooking simply isn’t your thing or you’re dealing with a packed fall schedule that doesn’t leave time for trying out new recipes, you can still treat your cat this Halloween. There are plenty of food items you’re sure to have lying around the house that can be given to your cat in moderation. Here are some natural Halloween cat treat ideas:
- Cooked Carrots
Promote Digestive Health with Skoon
It’s great to reward your pet with delicious homemade cat treats every now and then, especially during the holiday season. Your cat is sure to appreciate your hard work and know that you love them once you present them with the Halloween cat treats of your choice. Another excellent way to show your love for your cat is to take care of their digestive health year-round. Skoon Probiotics are a simple way to achieve this. Probiotics from Skoon promote regularity, maintaining an optimal balance of good and bad bacteria in the gut and boost immune health.To truly show your cat you care this year, shower them with Halloween cat treats and rely on Skoon Probiotics to promote their digestive health!Sources:https://petsitters.org/page/10FruitsVeggiesToGiveToYourCat