Cat Litter vs. Pellets 101
Every cat owner knows there are many cat litter types out there. Every time you turn on the TV, scroll through your social media feed or step into a pet store, you’re introduced to another kind of cat litter.Cat litter vs pellets? With so many options on the market, it can be challenging to know which one is the right choice for you and your cat. We’ve done the research for you!Here is everything you need to know about cat litter vs pellets and whySkoonis the best cat litter on the market.
What Exactly is Pellet Cat Litter?
You’ve heard of traditional cat litter types, but you might not be as familiar with pellet cat litter. When comparing standard cat litter vs pellets, it’s key to consider what the litter is made of and the form it comes in. Many classic cat litters come in a fine grain formulation and are made of clay.Pellet cat litteris made up of larger pieces (or pellets) and usually comes from a biodegradable source that is good for absorption. Typical materials used for pellet cat litter are wood, paper andnatural minerals.
Pellet Cat Litter Pros
Choosing from different cat litter types can be difficult. Learning the features of a new kind of litter can help you make the right decision and choose thebest possible fillerfor your cat’s litter box. To help you make up your mind when considering cat litter vs pellets, here are some of the pros of pellet cat litter:
One of the main concerns fur parents have when looking at how different cat litter types match up is howenvironmentally-friendlythey are. The most commonly used materials that make up pellets are biodegradable and derived from natural sources.For example,Skoon cat litteris made of diatom pebbles sourced from naturally occurring diatomite. This is what’s left after a type of algae called diatoms fossilize. That meansSkoon pebbles come from completely eco-friendly material and are biodegradable, so it can be broken down naturally. Talk about reducing your carbon pawprint!
You’ve probably been disappointed if you’ve ever relied on one of the most popular traditional cat litter types as a kitty clean-up solution. Cat litter should stay in the litter box, make your life easier, and not cause a big mess. But, classic cat litter tend to stick to your cat’s feet and end up all over the house as your cat goes about their day. These cat litter types are notorious for tracking and ending up everywhere you don’t want them to be.The pellets that make up pellet cat litters are large enough that they don’t stick to your cat’s feet. That means you don’t have to worry about finding litter anywhere but in the litter box where it belongs. When you usenon-trackingcat litter likeSkoon, you can spend less time sweeping up litter and more time enjoying life with your cat.
Traditional clumping, clay cat litter is not only messy, but it’s also heavy. A box of clay cat litter can weigh as much as40 pounds. You shouldn’t have to brace yourself for a strained back every time you prepare to lug litter from the pet store to your car or up a flight of stairs to your apartment door. Fortunately, the materials that make up pellet cat litters tend to be much more lightweight, such as paper or wood.Skoon cat litter is lightweight and available as a subscription service delivered right to your door, so you won’t have to worry about a sore back anymore.
When comparing cat litter vs pellets, you might be wondering which is better in terms of added chemicals and fragrances that aggravate allergies in both pets and people. In this area, pellets are without a doubt the much better choice. Biodegradable pellet litters emphasize using only natural ingredients and leaving all of thetoxic chemicalsout, unlike classic clay litters that often include harmful additives and unnatural fragrances.Skoon’s all-natural litter formulation is hypoallergenic and doesn’t contain any unnecessary chemical ingredients, so you can worry less about what you’re putting in your cat’s litter box.
Pellet Cat Litter Cons
When you’re scoping out cat litter vs pellets and searching forthe right choicefor you and your pet, it’s important to consider both the pros and cons of different cat litter types. Here are some of theconsof pellet cat litters:
- Less Widely Available— Pellet cat litters are relatively new to the market compared to traditional clay litters. That means they can be less widely available. If you walk into any pet store, you might have difficulty finding the exact pellet litter you’ve been searching for.
- Cost— Clay litters are so popular because they are one of the cheapest cat litter types on the market. Pellet cat litters tend to be more expensive than clay litter, but that doesn’t mean they can’t beaffordableor that their many pros don’t make their cost worthwhile.
- Cat Preference — Any change you make in the cat litter you use is something your cat will have to adjust to. Some pellet cat litters are better than others. The coarse texture of some pellets, such as ones made of wood, might not be up to your cat’s standards. Some cats have more sensitive paws and prefer a softer surface.
Skoon Cat Litter: The Best of Both Worlds
Skoon cat litterhas all of the benefits of pellet cat litter with none of the cons. Skoon cat litter is eco-friendly, won’t track around the house, and is lightweight and hypoallergenic. Even better, here’s why the most common cons of pellet cat litter don’t apply toSkoon:
- Available Online— You don’t have to spend time driving to different pet stores (or any store for that matter) to find the all-natural, biodegradable litter of your dreams because Skoon is available online. All you have to do is go toSkoon’s websiteand place an order, and it’ll show up at your door.
- A Subscription—Skoonis available as a monthly subscription service. You might have to buy multiple boxes with other cat litter types to get through the month. Asubscription to Skoonsimplifies your supply concerns by delivering a pre-filled litter box to your home every month, so you don’t have to worry about refills. It’s definitely worth the subscription!
- Multiple Formulations— If your cat is a little bit of a diva when it comes to litter box preferences,Skoonhas you covered. Skoon’s cat litter is available in bothOriginalandFine Grainformulations, so there’s a pebble type to please every cat’s paws. Skoon is also available as an unscented formula or inLavenderandLemon scents, so you’re sure to be able to find a bag that fits your cat’s preferences.
Instead of worrying about how cat litter vs pellets compare,try a bag of Skoon cat litter todayand enjoy the best of both worlds!